0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

learning support co-ordinators

learning gateway home




study skills

learning support



leaving or changing course

graduation & awards

If you have a specific learning difficulty or disability which may present you with barriers to your learning, you should discuss this with us before you start your course. Our Learning Support Managers will be happy to offer advice and guidance and you can find their contact details below.

Additional learning support can provide help with planning assignments, research, essay writing, exam techniques, literacy, numeracy and specialist support for students with specific learning difficulties. If you think you may need help with any of the above, talk to your Personal Tutor or contact the Additional Learning Support Manager on your campus directly.

If you have previously had exam concessions or think that you may be eligible for them it is important that you see the Additional Learning Support Manager or our Specialist Assessor as soon as possible to arrange an assessment.

The College wishes to ensure that it complies with The Equality Act 2010. If you are a person with an impairment, please ensure that we know what you need before you start at College so that we can make all reasonable adjustments to help you succeed.

We will invite you to a meeting to discuss your needs and if, following assessment we confirm that you will need additional learning support our Learning Support Team will work closely with you to ensure you achieve your full potential.

The team has specialist skills and experience in supporting:

In order to access support it is very important that you attend a meeting so that we can carry out a detailed assessment of your needs. The Learning Support Team aim to:

If you are a higher education student and have a learning difficulty, sensory impairment or a physical disability and would like individual learning support, you are eligible to apply for Disabled Students Allowance (DSA) via Student Finance England.

The DSA can authorise access to certain software, technology and learning support. Students must have applied for the standard student finance package online prior to applying for DSA via paper application DSA1. https://www.gov.uk/disabled-students-allowances-dsas

The DSA can authorise access to non-medical helper (NMH) support. For non-medical help rates at Wiltshire College please see the document below:

NMH Rates for Wiltshire College

Any DSA correspondence please send: DSASupport@wiltshire.ac.uk

If you have not been previously assessed for support and believe that you may have a learning difficulty, talk to our Specialist Assessor Mary Smyth (mary.smyth@wiltshire.ac.uk) about the assessment process.

Learning Support Managers

Jen Jones
01249 464644 x3206
Jo Pothecary
01722 344339
Jen Jones
01249 464644 x3206
Yvonne McManus
01225 756464

send to a friend